Choose to work with HRA experts is the guarantee of:
- an independent consultant which purpose is to protect and grow your interests,
- a support for all stages: purchases, career management, possible resale of your horses, set up and management of your syndicates, as well as receptions at the races,
- a transparent and contractual approach of our missions and fees,
- a world portfolio of sellers and purchasers customers.
Our office is located in Chantilly, strategic center and historical birthplace of French racing.
Our expert, Hubert Barbe has been an agent for almost 25 years. He was a forerunner in the development of the market for French NH horses in Great Britain and Ireland, working closely with Martin Pipe and now with his son David. He also buys flat horses with good successes detailled in the Roll of Honnor below.
Hubert Barbe is a member of the French Bloodstock Association, which guarantee the respect of the ethics as well as a validated professional expertise. His clientele is a mix of French and foreign clients.
Based in the heart of the Chantilly training centre, he keeps a close eye on his clients’ charges.
Roll of Honour
MAKFI: 2.000 Guineas Gr.1, Prix Jacques Le Marois Gr.1
LA BOUM: Gr.3 winner, Gr.1 placed
FORCES OF DARKNESS: Prix Minerve Gr.3, Gr.1 placed (Prix de Diane et Prix Saint-Alary)
YANG TSE KIANG: 2nd UAE Derby Gr.2 at Meydan.
MAR ADENTRO: 3rd Prix de l’Abbaye de Longchamp Gr.1, Gr.1, Gr.2 et Gr.3 placed over the sprint.
GEORDIELAND: Yorkshire Cup Gr.2, Blue Square Henry II Stakes Gr.2, 2ème Gold Cup à Royal Ascot Gr.1 (twice)
15 winners at the Cheltenham Festival: Challenger du Luc, Blowing Wind (2), Cyfor Malta, Or Royal, Champleve, Majadou, Royal Auclair, Hors La Loi III (2), Royal Predica, Ilnamar, Gaspara, Salut Flo, Dynaste (2014)
Group 1 winners: Or Royal, Hors La Loi III, Gloria Victis, Marcel, Wild Passion, Tamarinbleu, LoughDerg, Nacarat, Grands Crus, Dynaste…
Placed in the Grand National de Liverpool: Mely Moss, Blowing Wind, Royal Auclair, Puntal.
Our home made syndicates: Condé Racing Club
Three key-aspects which characterize our Racing Clubs
- The members of our clubs are in a deliberately limited number, granting a personalized experience and an immersion in the heart of the racing world for each member.
- A professional Racing Manager who manages the career of the horses, granting the protection of the members’ interests. He makes an independent selection of the horses and follows them daily with the trainers. Armed with his knowledge of the market (public and private sales), he can recommend potentially selling some good specimen. Good sales are just as pleasant for owners as good victories! His role is also to suggest selling a disappointing horse, in order to avoid charges linked to training fees, thus preserving the members’ capital.
- Finally, the Condé Racing Club partnerships are backed by an event agency specialized in horseracing, which takes care of the organization of all the events linked to the life of the club. Furthermore, the members can benefit from its services free of charge, for the organization of their private or professional events at the races.
Our Racing Clubs operating mode
Each partnership offers a specific concept, always in a “club” spirit. All of function according to the same proven formula:
An initial investment covering 100% of the charges, no other payment being demanded to the members during the club’s whole lifetime. This method enables the members to regulate the desired investment level with exactitude.
The charges include the purchase and training of the horses as well as the veterinary fees needed for the follow-up of these high-level athletes; the communication of the Racing Club (website and events); all other charges such as mortality insurance for the horses and France Galop registration fees.
A limited lifetime: always in a logic of managing the proposed investment, our partnerships have a duration of one or two years according to the clubs.
Unless the members decide otherwise, the horses are sold once the racing partnership lifetime ends or before, according to the recommendations of the professional Racing Manager (anticipated sale of a good valuable horse or, on the contrary, of a disappointing horse in order to preserve the members’ capital).
The prize-money won by the horses as well as the revenue of the sale will be transferred to the members in proportion to their investment in the Club. The Racing Manager receives a success fee on the prize-money and the sales with added value as compensation for the management of the Club. This percentage is the only compensation for his services, granting the best defense possible of the members’ interests.
We take care of all the declarations and registrations needed. The legal status of our clubs is the “Société En Participation (SEP)”, a status recognized by France Galop and which grants the members the title of “Owner”. This kind of company enables the club to reclaim VAT paid for the purchase of the horses and all the fees (now 20%). An independent accountancy firm handles the clubs’ accounting, uploaded every month on the private website of each club.
Our know-how can also apply to the setting-up of tailor-made Racing Clubs (group of friends, professionals, etc.).